Music. Arts/Crafts. Gardening. Literacy. Handywork. Each of us has special talents – things we can do to make a difference in our community. Four Rivers’ volunteer program has opportunities that fit your talents, experiences, personality and lifestyle. Volunteer once a year through special events and presentations or a few hours a week through assisting in classroom instruction or administrative support. Either way, you’ll find meaning in any of the individual and group volunteer opportunities available at Four Rivers. Four Rivers has volunteer opportunities for people with the busiest of schedules to individuals who would like to dedicate more time…both create lasting impact.
Whether your goal is to help advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering at Four Rivers is an excellent opportunity to:
- Make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities and challenges
- Create positive change in your community
- Build relationships and networks that last a lifetime
- Share your skills with others
- Enrich your education
- Build your skills and your resume
- Have fun!
Volunteers serve as an important link with the communities we serve and are an extension of our staff. Volunteers enrich our services by enabling us to meet the needs of the consumers on a closer individual basis; and they bring new talent, skills and enthusiasm to our services.
How do I qualify?
- Students or volunteers should be at least 18 years of age and/or a senior in high school. Situations regarding younger volunteers will be considered on an individual basis.
- Volunteer time commitments on an ongoing basis or for a one-time event will be based upon the particular position. Students can make commitments for their time on the basis of their school’s calendar year, such as by quarter or semester.
- Depending on the volunteer position, potential volunteers will need to pass a reference check, criminal history background check and will be interviewed by the appropriate personnel.
How do I sign up?
Thank you for your interest in Four Rivers’ Volunteer program! To begin the process of becoming a volunteer you can fill out your contact information below or call the Resource Development department at 812.254.3207.