Community Living

How do I qualify to live in a Group Home?
Placement in one of our Group Homes requires a referral from the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities and acceptance by Four Rivers through our admissions process.

Why live in a Group Home?
Living in a Group Home is very desirable to some individuals, especially those who enjoy being around lots of people. Individuals from large families and some individuals who have lived in large institutions often prefer a small group setting opposed to living alone.


Is my credit or debit card information secure?

Four Rivers uses PayPal’s secure server to receive electronic donations and does not have access to your sensitive transactional data. PayPal follows a complex set of requirements set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Council.

In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over information, Four Rivers works to accurately process your contribution information only allowing authorized staff access to any sensitive information. Four Rivers’ Development staff is available to answer questions about your financial donation.

Can I make automatic credit or debit card donations?

Yes. You can make a gift online at anytime. You can also provide Four Rivers with continuous support through monthly gifts by credit card or through electronic funds transfer. Our Sustaining Gift Membership provides monthly support to Four Rivers without the hassle of mailings and extra administrative costs. You can fill out the “Sustaining Gift Authorization” form on the “Planned Giving” page and mail it back to: Four Rivers, Resource Development, P.O. Box 249, 554 S. St. Rd. 59, Linton, IN 47441.

Why do you require a minimum donation of $10 to be a Sustaining Gift Member?

Like any other online credit card processing system we are charged by credit card companies. We don’t want donors’ well-intended gift to be offset by processing fees.

I made a donation online and now I have a question about it. Who can I call?

Contact Four Rivers’ Resource Development department either by phone at 812.254.3207 or by email at jsheetz@frrs.mystagingwebsite.com. For quickest assistance, please have the details of your transaction ready when you contact us.

Healthy Families

How much does Healthy Families cost?

Participants in Healthy Families will receive voluntary home visits beginning the third trimester or within 90 days after birth completely free of charge!

What does Healthy Families have to offer?

Healthy Families can also offer information, education and referrals to community resources. Healthy Families’ parents will learn about:

  • Recognizing and caring for your baby’s needs
  • Discovering what to expect as your child grows
  • Ways to play with your baby to encourage normal development
  • “Baby-proofing” your home
  • Problem-solving strategies
  • Ways to continue your education
  • Community services
  • Budgeting and financing information

A Family Support Worker (FSW) visits with the families for up to one year to help establish support systems, teach problem-solving skills and enhance positive parent-child interaction. Once a family is in the program, they can receive services for up to three years!

How can I participate?

To participate in the program, families must live in Daviess or Martin Counties, be expecting a baby or have a newborn less than 75 days old and be interested in child development related issues.

I’d like more information! What do I do now?

You can contact Sandy by email at sclarke@frrs.mystagingwebsite.com or by phone at 812.25.4471 and ask for Sandy from Healthy Families.  Let Sandy know you are interested and she will contact you to meet.